I. What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you, your child, and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use, or your child’s use, of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly:
- Parents. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services may require registration. To use our Services, parents must provide personal information, including the name,age and gender of their children about whom the Service will be used; contact information, such an e-mail address; billing information, such as credit card number; and other personal information. We may also collect other information from parents about their children's activities and use of the Services.
- Children. We do not collect any registration information from children, as children are not required to register to use our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- Through our Service, we will automatically collect the browsing history – i.e., the URLs visited and the dates, times and duration of those visits – of children and users on each device on which you install our software. We may also automatically collect the following information: domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed; links clicked; the length of time spent on our Site; the length of time our Services are used; Google Analytics statistics; referring URL; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; and activities within our Site. We may also collect IP address, device identifier or a similar unique identifier from users of our Site and Services; we only use such identifiers to support the internal operations of our Site; we do not use such identifiers to collect information about your child outside of our Site.
II. How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information that we gather about you and your child for the purposes such as the following:
- To provide our Services; to communicate with parents about their use, and their child’s use, of our Services; to respond to inquiries; and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to users, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. We may use information collected from parents,to send such users you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact such users about products or information we think may be of interest. We will not send marketing or promotional materials to children.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, on an aggregated and de-identified basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
III. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your, or your child’s, personal information. Generally, we may disclose the personal information that we collect to provide our Services, to comply with the law, and to protect Mevoked and other users of our Services. For example, we may share the personal information we collect as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors,service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Mevoked is involved.
- Children and Parents. As part of Services, parents can see information about their child’s use of the Services, including their internet browsing patterns and the potential mental health consequences of those browsing patterns.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- Third-Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze data from our Site or Services. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of our Site and Services and to analyze Site usage. These third parties are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some of our Services may not function.
- Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags). Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded
V. Third-Party Analytics
VI. Third-Party Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those thirdparty websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
VII. User Content
We may invite parent users to post content on our Site, including comments about the Services. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to other users of the Services, and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. As a result, you should never post any sensitive information to our Site that you are not comfortable sharing publically. Mevoked is not liable to you or any other person for any content or information you post to our Site or the use or disclosure of such content or information by other users or third parties.
VIII. Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented a variety of security measures to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
IX. Access to My Personal Information
You may modify the personal information that you have submitted by logging into their account and updating their profile information. As noted above, children are not required to register or to create a profile to use the Site or Services. You may also view and delete your Account History, which includes the browsing history and analytics data we have collected about your child(ren). Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or our systems for a period of time.
X. Marketing Communications
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to parents. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
XII. Children's Privacy
Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we are required to obtain verifiable parental consent from you to permit the collection and use of personal information from your children, and you must affirm that you have the authority to provide such consent. Generally, COPPA requires operators of websites and mobile applications to provide notice to and obtain the prior parental consent of a parent before collecting any personal information from children. Mevoked obtains parental consent when parents pay for our Services using a credit card.
We will not collect, use, or disclose any personal information about your children without your consent. As noted above in Section 1 (What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?), we do not collect any registration information directly from your child; however, Mevoked automatically obtains information about your child by tracking his/her internet browsing patterns.
Section 2 (How We Use Your Information) describes how we use the information collected both fromyou and your child; in general, we only use your child's personal information to provide our Services.
Section 3 (How We Share Your Information) explains how we share information collected about you and your child; In general, we only share your child's personal information with you, with our service providers, as necessary to protect the health and safety of others, or as otherwise required by law. We do not make the personal information provided by you—or indirectly by your child—publicly available, and children are not able to make their own information publicly available.
As a parent, you have a right to review the information we have collected about your child, to delete it, and to tell us to stop using your child's personal information. You may also, at any time, tell us to not collect, use, or disclose personal information about your child under 13 by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (in which case you and your child may no longer be able to use our Services). You may review the personal information we have collected from your child by logging into our Site.
Mevoked operates the Site and Services and will collect children’s personal information as described in this Policy. We can be contacted at:Mevoked, Inc.
1109 Vicente St.
San Francisco, CA 94116
XII. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
XIII. Changes to This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at (http://mevoked.com/privacy). If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.